- Innate immunity and inflammation
- Immune cells, development and differentiation
- Lymphocyte activation and function
- Immune regulation
- Tumour immunology
- Novel concepts and technologies
- Infectious diseases and vaccination
- Immune intervention and therapy
- Authors presenting abstracts must be registered for the congress.
- Abstract must be written and presented in clear and concise English.
- Title should contain no more than 150 characters including space (about 20 words). The abstract text should contain no more than 1800 characters (about 250 words) and fit the space on the form.
- Single space all text. Do not leave blank lines. Abbreviations, and in brackets after the first full use of the word, should be used for common terms only. Write numbers as numerals rather than words.
- There should be no separate subdivisions. The abstract should be informative, containing a sentence statement of the study’s specific objectives; a brief statement of methods, if pertinent; a summary of the results obtained; and a statement of the conclusions. Use short specific titles. It is not satisfactory to state “The results will be discussed.”
- Avoid references, however, if references are used, they should be included in the text as: (Authors, journal, year, volume, pages).
- The abstract will appear exactly as typed. Therefore, any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific facts will be reproduced as you type them.
- Incomplete or incorrectly submitted abstracts will be returned to the author and must be resubmitted before deadline to be considered for presentation.
- Please note that by submitting your abstract to this congress, you agree to transfer ownership of copyright for the abstract and its content to the Scandinavian Society for Immunology 48th Annual Meeting in order to enable publication in the Scandinavian Journal of Immunology and congress app.
Abstract submission is open
Opening of abstract submission
Opening of registration
Extended abstract submission deadline
SSI Travel Grant submission deadline
15 May 2022
Early registration deadline
SSI Annual Meeting
12 – 15 June
Travel Grants for the 48th Annual Meeting of the SSI
Travel Grants for Master/PhD students and post-doctoral fellows are available. To be eligible to apply, the following 3 criteria must be fulfilled:
- You need to be a member of a national society (Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian or Swedish Immunology Society) as of January 2022 or earlier.
- You need to be a Master/PhD trainee or Post-doctoral fellow with up to 5 ‘working years’ (documented maternity and sick leave or military service discounted) after PhD.
- You need to be presenting author for a submitted meeting abstract.
Applicants are asked to include a letter from their supervisor certifying their status as a student or postdoc within
the 5-year time limit, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the abstract submission deadline has lapsed, the scientific committee will evaluate all eligible applicants based on the quality and scientific merit of the submitted abstracts.
The national society membership requirement will be checked directly with the national societies. Successful applicants will be notified directly. Note that for the award of travel grants, awardees must be present at the General Assembly of the Scandinavian Society for Immunology, which will take place Tuesday June 14th, 12.10-13.10.